Saturday 7 August 2010

Today's run

I had a really nasty cold a few weeks ago, I was completely blocked up and breathing was difficult even whilst walking, so running was out of the question! Since then I've struggled to get back to where I was with the running. Today I was still below my previous standard but it felt much better. I was able to get my breathing in synch with my steps which makes so much difference. It's the first time I've managed to do this on the treadmill. I can do it easily when running outside but I seem to run differently on the treadmill and have struggled to find a breathing pattern.

At the moment I am aiming to get back to 2 miles at 6mph. I didn't quite make it today but was pleased as I started slower and went up, and even though I couldn't maintain the speed I did the distance.

Laps are a quarter of a mile. 1+2 and 11+12 are warm up/cool down laps.

Laps = mph
1 = 3.5
2 = 3.5
3 = 5.5
4 = 5.5
5 = 6
6 = 5.5
7 = 6
8 = 6
9 = 5.5
10 = 6
11 = 3.5
12 = 3+2.5

Total time - 39.05 mins
Total calories - 301

No comments: