Friday 10 February 2012

Just another February....

Can you believe February is half way through already? I can't.

We've had snow this week. That means I haven't been running for a week now because I'm too scared to run in the snow and too lazy to dig the treadmill out from under the boxes of car boot stuff.

At the end of January, I went to see Blood Brothers with my friend. It was her birthday present to me, and it was fab! I have seen it before but a long time ago, and I was surprised how much of it I had forgotten. I made some popcorn to take. I love toffee popcorn and wanted to make my own instead of buying it. It took a few goes but I finally got it almost right.... one more try and it'll be perfect I recon!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I loved Blood Brothers...saw it 2 times when I spent 12 weeks in London back in 90! Can't believe it is still (or again) playing.

Started running...started a couch to 5k program...on week 4! I hate every minute of it...but since you have learned to love it, maybe I will too!

I don't comment much...but keep reading. Have a great weekend!

Jackie said...

Thanks Krista, I often wonder if anyone reads, although I write because I want to so not a big deal if no one does. I read yours all the time too and rarely comment!

Blood Brothers was fab, I don't know if it's in the West End (London) at the moment, this was a touring version.

Good for you with the running! I can't quite say I've learned to love it, but I do enjoy some runs (mainly in the summer!)and I love the club I've joined. I always feel good when I finish a run even if I don't feel good whilst doing it! And I've lost weight too which is always a bonus. I haven't run this week at all because of snow/ice, and actually today I felt like I 'needed' a run! (didn't have time). You'll have to get yourself entered in a race, they're great incentive! (say's she, who never enters races!) I've read about the couch to 5k and have heard lots of positive stuff about it - stick with it, if you've got to week 4 you're doing really really well!