Tuesday 18 May 2010

Root Canal Treatment part 1

Today I went back to the dentist for part one of my root canal treatment. It's not very nice, but the dentist was very gentle and made sure I was OK throughout. I thought I was very brave....

Tarka has now officially retired from agility. It was a decision I was dithering over because I really didn't want to make it, but in the end there was no choice. She'd not been training for a while due to on and off lameness, but I took on her Thursday last week as she'd been sound for two weeks. She did 4 runs on small jumps and that was all. By bed time she was very stiff, and then she was lame up until Monday. I'm very sad about it and she did have a great time on Thursday, but I can't let her carry on doing an activity that is obviously doing her damage. I am not ready to go down the 'athritic dog' road again quite yet. I'm still going to teach for the time being and will stay on the committee until the AGM then decide whether I want to continue or not.

Maybe it's time for a new activity on a Thursday night..... any suggestions?

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, J - tough week. How about us crafting on a Thursday night - make it a regular thing? Let me know what you think!

Jackie said...

Yeah, sounds good. I'm going to carry on teaching for a bit though, summer is always tough due to instructors going on holiday so I'll carry on till the AGM which I think is around October, then decide from there.

Jackie said...

hmmmm, after badminton tonight I'm in the mood for another 'active' activity! Fancy joining me?