Tuesday 15 February 2011

Learning to knit.

I've never really got on with knitting. I've had a few attempts but always end up disheartened and giving up. However I've been inspired by Scarlett on her 'Teen Granny' blog and am totally in love with her little gray elephant, so am having another go with knitting. On Sunday my Sister-in-Law taught me the very basics (cast on, knit, purl, cast off) and I've had a little practice tonight with a few reminders from you tube. I can't say it's going well, but I'm not giving up yet! I'm not convinced I'll ever get my elephant though. Still, it's not been expensive yet, I got a pair of needles and some wool in a charity shop for the grand total of £1 and together with some wool I already had, I've got plenty to practice with.

Here's Sunday's efforts, just trying out stitches and trying to keep a consistent tension is my aim so far.

No comments: