Monday 14 March 2011

New shoes...

...yes, new running trainers...

But before that, a big hello to all my readers, old friends and new - I don't think I've ever said that before! You are appreciated, all six of you!! I'd hate to think I'm talking to myself  here... and if it's your first visit to see me, welcome!!

So, back to the shoes. Like any girl, new shoes is always an exciting event although with most girls it tends to be a new pair of high heels or similar that causes the excitement. With me it's new walking boots normally, but in this case it's running shoes.

I've been getting pain in my left calf - I think I mentioned it before....? I suspected my trainers were to blame so, as an experiment I ran last Thursday in ordinary trainers, the ones I wear for badminton. Got away with it, and calf muscle was fine. Point proved? Well yes, except I decided to repeat the experiment at the track on Friday night. Big mistake. Thursday night was a gentle jog with friends. Friday night was a tough training session, and boy did I struggle!! It's Monday now and my shins still hurt from the impact of running in unsuitable trainers!! So on Sunday I went out with my brother (who runs and who knows about stuff like this) and I got a pair of Nike Anodyne+ for £38, instead of the original price of £65. I did a test first which showed I am slightly pronate when I run, so these are supportive shoes to stop my foot rolling inwards. I did a short 2 mile block tonight (kept it short as my legs are still sore and I didn't know how the new shoes would be) and all seems fine with the trainers. Hopefully they'll be ok and solve the problems I've been having. Of course I will let you know....

No comments: