Monday 28 March 2011

R.I.P Jasper

Jasper was my neighbours 7 month old cat. I found him yesterday, dead at the side of the road.

I didn't realise it was him. I didn't recognise him. He'd had a massive blow to the head and I'm sure he was killed instantly judging by his injuries. I picked him up and took him to the vets for a microchip scan, and my neighbour called me later to thank me. Today they came round with flowers and a card.

He'd gone down to the busy main road. None of us have ever seen him go that far before, he obviously attempted to cross and didn't make it.

He was such a sweet little cat. My neighbours went to the vets to see him, they said he looked like he was sleeping. The surgery staff must have done a very good job of cleaning him up, because he certainly didn't look like he was sleeping when I saw him last! I'm now glad that I didn't realise it was Jasper when I picked him up because if I had, I might have taken him straight to the neighbours before I thought about it, and then they would have seen what I saw. I think it's better that they didn't.

Cats are such stressful pets! Mine have been firmly locked indoors all day....

No comments: