Thursday 20 January 2011

Running again

I'm trying to get back into running. I don't really enjoy it, but I need to get rid of the christmas pounds I've gained, and I need to get fitter. Most importantly, running is free. I have a treadmill which I have blogged about before here, but I'm having a go at outdoor running at the moment. I prefer my treadmill as I feel self concious outdoors, but it makes a change to go out sometimes, especially when my self motivation is low.

Anyway I went out on Monday and it was OK, I took Tarka though which was a mistake as she hated it and refused to run on the lead. I had to take her back home and go out again on my own! Tuesday and Wednesday are badminton nights so I ran again tonight. I took a longer route (but still short in running terms!) since I found Monday to be OK, but today I struggled. I think the new route had more hills which I struggled with - you don't have hills on a treadmill (unless you want them!). I was fine with the flat bits and downhills!

I guess it'll come with practice.

No comments: